Transfers are determined by the following criteria:
- To address emergency situations;
- To fully utilize available housing resources, while avoiding overcrowding by insuring that each family occupies the appropriate sized unit;
- To facilitate relocation when required for modernization or other management purposes;
- To facilitate relocation of families with inadequate housing accommodations;
- To provide an incentive for families to assist in meeting the Aiken Housing Authority's deconcentration goals; and
- To eliminate vacancy loss and other expenses due to unnecessary transfers.